SP CHEER CLUB BOARD MINUTES May 16, 2017 6:30PM Room 3009
Motion to start meeting/Welcome- Cindy Gee Voted in our new Vice President- Kristy Moore Treasure’s Report read and approved. Budget Proposal for 2017-18 Season- Approved Secretary Minutes Read from 4/24/2017 meeting by Lisa Cheek- minutes accepted
- Discussed status of uniforms at all levels-Want all levels to make Alyssa at Varsity aware of the dates that we need uniforms by. Discussed purchasing of shoes for JR level- will get with Varsity on type of shoe-may order from outside source.
- Discussed backpacks that cheer club is purchasing- JR/HS-do we need to place order?
- Cindy has emailed Dr. McAllister to ask if another booster could take over HS Homecoming Dance.
- Discussed and voted to sale old Youth uniforms for $20 on FB site. If someone wants one, they can pick these on July 18th or July 20th from 630-730PM in the cheer trailer-cash only and Melanie will be at the cheer trailer to give these out.
- Save the date for West GA Classic- October 8, 2017 here at SPHS.
- Would like to have committee’s for JR HC/Banquets, ect.
- Cheer Trailer tag is in-so we will get with Pirate Printing to get trailer wrapped. Stay away from Spartan Head logo due to
- Next Board Meeting will be July 24, 2017 at 6:30PM
- Coach Edwards had to order some extra comp uniforms due to not having enough.
FALL PROGRAM BOOK:MELISSA KANZLER
- Spartan Nation Picture-July 18, 2017 at 5:00PM Rainout-retake July 29th 10:00AM
- Youth Pictures- Melissa will take pics of youth teams immediately after SP Nation Pic.
- JR Pictures-July 29th 10:00AM or right after SP Nation Pic if it is that day. TSS will do.
- TSS will do Youth Pictures later in September.
- Melissa has updated website with all Fall Program Book Ad Information
- Melissa will send out information to board and directors to send to the parents.
- Deadline for all ads is July 15, 2017
- We will offer student spirit ads to other sports- we will give back to those sports who sale student spirit ads- $10 -Melissa will send out to coaches and booster clubs.
YOUTH: MELANIE HARRELSON
- Fittings- May 19th from 5-7PM- second fittings July 22nd
- Coach Edwards to ask two senior cheerleaders to design Little Spartan Youth Camp thshirt- we discussed where to order these from. Possible order through Pirate
- Melanie wants to order Youth Hoodies through Pro-Sports
- Approved to order larger megaphones for 5th grade cheerleaders
JR Spartans: :LISA
- Board approved to purchase new uniforms for 8th grade
- Fittings May 19th at AMS for JR Comp and 8th grade
- JR Comp Stunt Clinic May 19th and May 20th
HIGH SCHOOL: COACH EDWARDS
- HS Comp Coach Eddie Jones- approved
- June 13-15th– HS Workouts 9-12PM Parent Preview June 16 at 6:00PM
- Camp-June 19th in Destin, Florida
- July 17-21st Comp Choreo Camp M-F 9AM-1PM 2-4PM STUNT JV/V
- Little Spartan Camp July 17-21st– JV/Varsity will help
- Possible 8 competitions total this season
Meeting adjourned at 7:43PM